Error

Kunena Internal Error: Please contact the site administrator to fix this issue!

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/club35457288/public_html/libraries/kunena/forum/announcement/helper.php on line 141

Before and After

More
5 years 5 days ago - 5 years 5 days ago #95 by jjasinski
jjasinski created the topic: Before and After
This is the same photo (Sony A99, Sony 16-50mmf/2.8 @22mm, f/5.6, 1/400s, ISO200, hand held from the boat) taken at Blue Cypress Lake, Fl. Left is untouched file from the camera, right is Ligtroom + PS CC. My main objective was to reduce/eliminate the strong horizon line going through the middle of the tree. I used Liquify Filter and Gaussian Blur Filter. Comments welcome. How would you change this photo?

Attachment LoneCypress_s.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 5 days ago by jjasinski.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 days ago #97 by chcinc
chcinc replied the topic: Before and After
What you have done is really really good.
I suggest more sky above the tree, somewhat less vignetting.

- John Goldman

More
5 years 5 days ago #98 by parkphotos
parkphotos replied the topic: Before and After
Yes, a little more on top. John, does it need ccw straightening --just a tad? Very cool idea and execution softening the horizon, Jakub. At first I missed the pieces of buttermilk clouds, but they do not fit with the foggy feel. Perhaps accenting the fog in the background would enhance the mood.

More
5 years 5 days ago #99 by parkphotos
Here is a re-post of what Mo said on FB:

Mo Devlin: I couldn't comment on that in the forum. I really like what you did in post. Eliminating that line of trees...While minimal in size poses a challenge because you have to blend in the horizon. Composition is super. Difficult to see on the computer...but I might suggest lighening the trunks in the reflection a little bit. Good job on the blending.

More
5 years 4 days ago #100 by chcinc
chcinc replied the topic: Before and After
Yes, I perceive a "tad" CCW rotation is called for.
Marty, can you quantify "tad"?

- John Goldman

More
5 years 4 days ago #101 by parkphotos
Why, yes & no, John. A tad is like a small boy, and as such is not very interested in exactitude measures. For this tad it's more like "A little this way, a little that until you get it just right" more than "Rotate it 3.73 clicks to the left." This way the little tad shares in the creative process. So a "tad," as far as measurement is concerned, is no more and no less than the thrill of trial and error. I'm guessing you're a little tad more than sorry you asked.

More
5 years 4 days ago #102 by jjasinski
jjasinski replied the topic: Before and After
Great comments! Thank you very much.